or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

A fill tool that DOESN'T leave white lines beneath the perimeter of your drawing, please and thanks ^^

• Honey Kat OpalHoney Kat Opal commented  · 

And maybe even line smoothing and auto correctional lines- By changing the software a bit; it would totally make me buy more super years of doodle or die.

• polarfarinapolarfarina commented  · 

I think it's a great idea! A fill tool would help improve those who find it tedious to color in, such as myself. I like to spend my time drawing, not scribbling in little areas to try to fill them in.
        As for those who don't want it, I can tell you a simple way to fix your problem: Don't use it.

• Sven v/d SchootSven v/d Schoot commented  · 

I think the fill tool is a perfect idea! Usually when I try to color something I have a hard time trying not to ruin my drawing with it. And it saves some time as well! I would love to have a fill tool especially in a creative site like this! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

*cough* There is an userscript that allows fill tool.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this. this is exactly what I came to ask for.

• EvieseriouslyEvieseriously commented  · 

I really like this idea. Even Ms paint has a fill tool! It'd save time and make some works look a lot cleaner (specifically mine haha)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I love how about half of the people here think this is a terrible idea because CHANGE IZ BAD!!!!!!
        I think that a fill tool is the only new tool they should add because creating areas of solid color inside lines of a different color without one isn't hard, it's just annoying.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think it would destroy the fun of it. it's supposed to be a super simple doodle program.

• goldgustgoldgust commented  · 

how is it cheating? a fill tool doesn't inherently improve drawings, you still need skill to use it effectively. as far as i can see, it would just be a great time saver and allow some more techniques to be used.

• The gñapistThe gñapist commented  · 

"if everyone could have this tool, it wouldnt be cheating"
        i'm not talking about cheating the other players, i'm talking about cheating the concept of the game itself

• Woof.PantsWoof.Pants commented  · 

To be honest I don't mind this idea, it would just be a time saver really since i can see it not filling in flush to the edges so you would still have to clean the edges yourself.

• FellstormFellstorm commented  · 

Part of the fun of Doodle or Die is working within the limitations of the medium (otherwise, just go and play on an Oekaki board). I have developed so much as an artist since playing Doodle or Die because I've been forced to improvise techniques to create the effect of layers and fills. While there have been many times I wished for a fill tool, I worry that it will detract somewhat from the charm of DoD.

• batzebatze commented  · 

I don’t like it. When you are doodeling on Paper one doesn‘t have a fill-tool either. I think it might destroy the general look of the doodles.

• Anonymous commented  · 

please for the love of god add a fill tool. why should be be forced to use such crude sloppy painting measures just to get some color on there. :(((

• Anonymous commented  · 

if everyone could have this tool, it wouldnt be cheating. although it would also make a great incentive to donate, if it was a donator only tool.

• The gñapistThe gñapist commented  · 

actually i dont like this idea. having to color the way we have it is part of the challenge and using a fill tool would feel like cheating to me

• Doodle or DieAdminDoodle or Die (Behind the Scenes, Doodle or Die) commented  · 

We'd love to, but it's a bit hard given the current state of HTML and Canvas tech. I know, it sounds like it should be simple, right?

We're still investigating, though, so know that we're not writing it off completely!

Feedback and Knowledge Base